Monday, January 15, 2024

2024 Bird #2, cardinal


SOLD!   $155 (unframed) 4x6” mini original watercolor
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing 8x10 $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 1/17 the price goes to $250.

I am really happy with this one.

I thought you might like to see how I did it...
Start with a good drawing (by hand!)
 And for no reason I started with a little background


Started with the head and watch the SLOW build of color.
Taking my time, I have 5 hours into this bird!


I dry hard between each addition of color so I do not get a muddy mess.












And that's how I do it!

Some FUN...Monday we spent the day with some of our travel group (Linn's and Woodruff's)  and went to Hershey.  We had lunch at Houlihans and then toured The Hershey Story

No comments: