Sunday, April 9, 2023

2023 Landscape #12


SOLD!  155. (unframed) 6X4” mini original watercolor
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing 8x10 - $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 4/11 the price goes to $250.

This was inspired by Carol T. who allows me to use her very good photos to paint. 
The barn at Winterthur in DE.


Health Update: I had an MRI last week and my tumor is shrinking!
The report says "Significant improvement in the size"!
The original length was 2.36" it is now 1.92". That is a lot in cancer talk. No changes in my care plan except a little peace of mind knowing the chemo is helping.
Monday is Chemo #6.  Keep the prayers coming!!

Andy Walkers Update: I am sorry but no photo from Fridays walk. But it was Ray B.
Linda dropped me off at his house after my bloodwork. We walked 3 miles on the beautiful sidewalks of Grandview Heights neighborhood  and then he brought me home. 
Ray (and his wife) started as clients  back in 1994 and we became friends. Now my best story is in 1999 our daughter Abbey was 16 with a driving permit. Teaching her to drive (a stick) was not going well. So Ray (who was a policeman at the time) volunteered to take her out. He shows up (Abbey was clueless, poor kid) and he tells her " come on we are heading out for a drive" She had to be panicked. He takes her into Lancaster City for some city driving (wow) I think they were also on the busy route 30 (for some speed driving)  they were gone for what felt like forever. But she had all the skills she needed by the time she got home. I think she thought we were the worst parents. 
As per Abbey... Who hires a policeman to teach their kid to drive...
29 years later we are still friends, watched each others child grow up, shared many travel stories and several meals.  Their support means a lot.

One more thing... we decided since the apartment and studio are torn up from the major water leak we would go ahead and update the heating/air conditioning on both floors. Major work with separate needs. We settled on Evergreen Heating. Co-owners Charlie and Cameron, two young guys own the business. (they seem very young to my older age!  But have a great work ethic and eager to work)  They were great to work with, they know their stuff, they worked with Linda until they had the best possible plan for our old house. The top floor is finish, they were on time, respectful of the new carpet and freshly painted wall, they cleaned up behind themselves.  They are super nice young men and we HIGHLY recommend them. (tell them I sent you!)

2 comments:

Terridorwart@gmail.com said...

Great news Andy! Looks like you've got plenty of walking partners but let me know if you have a free day. I've got some great photos of Portugal I'm happy to share with you.

Terridorwart@gmail.com said...

Hi Andy, Great news on your heathe updste. It looks like you have plenty of walking Buddy's but if you have a free day let me know. I have lots of photos from Portugal that I'd love to share with you.