Thursday, May 7, 2020

silver and my chair...

I thought this silver candle stick was a nice compliment to the chair I am working on.

Still Life #5       Framed 10x8            $225.

The price includes acid free framing, a coupon for 2 free shrink wrapped mini prints ($25 value) and I will throw in FREE SHIPPING!
Paintings are available to the first person to email or call 717.627.3383
All are framed in black wood frames however you may have them in walnut frames.
___________________________________________
SHOW UPDATE:
5/30 Red Bank, NJ show is CANCELLED
6/13 Glen Falls, NY show is moved to 8/29  But I have serious doubts it will be held.
___________________________________________
I did not move from my painting table today!  I just received a wonderful commission that I want to start when this chair painting is finished, so I am focused!  Scroll down to refresh your memory on where I left off.  I think you can click over the photos to make them a little larger.

I just keep deepening the chair color.  Added the shadows across the seat.



Added warmth to the seat, painting around the light.  Starting the first washes on the window and the wall.  I jumped ahead and have several layers on the floor which is slate slabs.



Window and walls getting darker and a few more washes on the seat.  Notice I move around the whole painting.   I work light to dark and moving around the painting helps me keep it more balanced.   It also keeps me from overworking one area, my focus moves around the paper.  There is no right or wrong way to work a painting,  it is how it works best for each artist.

No comments: