Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Glass Study ~ Salt Shaker & Sugar Bowl

4"x6" Original Watercolor
SOLD

Another study in glass. Love the lines
of the salt shaker, just an interesting
shape. The sugar bowl had a spoon stuck
in it but again an interesting shape.



Linda and I are giving a lecture at a school
on Thursday about being an entrepreneur
and the business of my art. I usually let the
business end to Linda but we spent a few
days talking about it. I have several
buddies that are business men and they
are talking about the buzz word "Brand"
This got me thinking about what my brand
is. What I want clients to recognize...
1) would be my style, a consistently well
executed painting of quality.

2) I have core values/ethics that come through
with the way I handle myself and my business.
3) I am accessible - anyone can come talk to me,
both clients and other artists.
4) I want to make each client feel that they are
important to me and that I value their purchase
no matter the size/cost. They allow me to paint
for a living so each purchase is important to me.

I think it is good business to stop and have a
discussion about who we are as business people
and as artists.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love that Eiffel Tower shape to the salt shaker. Beautiful limited palette too. Nice, Andy.

Leah said...

LOVE it!