Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010 Winter Series #8 ~ Window scene

6"x4" Miniature Original Watercolor
$275.00 ~ SOLD

This little scene was from the B&B we
stayed in when in Great Barrington, MA.
It had been cold and snowy. Here is what
I like...you have this wonderful still life
and yet out the window is a winter scene.
Its like two separate paintings in one!

I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying
painting right now, it is just flowing off my
brush. Below is the finished painting I used
as part of my glass painting demo...
I set up a still life trying to show clear glass
and colored glass.



Framed 14"x18" "Bordeaux"
$700.00 SOLD on 2/7/10
You can click over the paintings to enlarge them

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is quite an interesting contrast too, Andy, between the modern furniture and the old window. I find myself wondering if it is cold near that window as I've seen similar windows and that old glass and mortar just isn't as efficient as today's windows! Your bottle and overturned wine glass are wonderful as well and make me crave Italian food...So cool to learn of your high enthusiasm these days! I love that you can make a living doing what you love. Not many of us can do that so you are well and truly blessed!

Leah said...

Just wondering if you would give us a few lessons online in glass painting? Your glass paintings are fantastic! I love all your paintings, but your glass paintings look like photographs...so real!

Esther said...

Wow! You are really on the crest of a wonderful series of paintings. It's such a pleasure to follow your blog.

From your 80 year old fan!