Monday, June 16, 2008

Sunset over the Ocean


4" x 6" original watercolor $300.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

In this painting I am suggesting movement
and sound; and as usual for me... light.
This composition is full of activity. Crashing
waves against the subtle setting of the sun.
This was soothing to paint, brought back
memories of our trips to the beach.

This is going to be a short fast week with a lot
to accomplish. We leave Thursday morning for
a show in Rhinebeck, NY. I have a large painting
of a basket I am trying to finish to take along.
There is a little framing to do. We are camping
so there is all that to get together. Linda was
scraping the outside of a few windows today because
our carpenter is putting in 4 replacement windows
on Wednesday. Just busy. But I am happy with
my blog painting today, this one just flowed off my
brush.

No comments: