Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Storm King View

6" x 4" original watercolor $275.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

I have a lot to share with you tonight.
This is a study painting for a large painting.
The view is from Storm King Sculpture Gardens
in NY that I told you about before. The grounds
were "groomed". Beautiful rolling hills with the
mountains in the background and a perfect blue sky.

This is all prep work for a larger 23x18 image
(will be 29X25 framed) painting I have started.
First, I did the pen/ink sketch in my journal. I photoed
it for you to see. Next, I painted the above painting
that I am using for tonight's blog. This is for me to get
a feel for the color palette. After all this I started
the large painting with a my pencil guide lines.











I think you can click over the photo's to enlarge them.

I am going to try to show you the progress on this painting.
I started at 9am and worked straight through till now...
10pm with an hour off for dinner and to take the trash out!
That's 12 hours today.!


I also want to show you the other large painting I have
been working
on and is now complete.
I LOVE this painting!!! 20x23 framed $1200.
Look again... This is a watercolor painting!!

1 comment: