Sunday, September 10, 2023

2023 Sunflower #1



mini original watercolor   $225

It is Sunflower time!  I found a huge field full of Sunflowers.

Show Update:  We decided to cancel Waterford Show.  I love this show but with possibly more treatments it is just impossible to plan on going.  That leaves Parkwalk in Lititz on 9/30 and at this point I am planning on having my Open House in November.  Not the year we planned!

Road Trip: We had a small window to have some fun; since my next appointments are on Wednesday.  So last week we took a road trip with the idea of hunting some fresh subjects for me to paint. A very HOT week!   We left last Tuesday and headed to Frederick, MD.  I apologize Joan H. for not visiting but we were there only 2 hours.  We had a nice breakfast at Showroom.  And then went to Great Stuff by Paul.  Linda keeps this file of places to visit and she had a magazine article from 1999 about this place.  Paul greeted us and announced he is selling out, good we did not wait another year!  Great  place to wander around.  Back on the road heading to VA  with our next stop Gunston Hall, home of George Mason.  Do you know your history?    We both enjoy historic homes and this did not disappoint.  Then on to Stratford Hall  one of my favorites.  Birthplace of Robert E Lee.    We rented a little cottage on the grounds.  Wednesday we started with breakfast at Art of Coffee.  This area is rather limited in food choices!   We spent a few hours at the plantation house then Linda went back to the cottage and I wandered the grounds.  Dinner tonight was at Angelo's, we both had fresh caught fried shrimp.  Thursday was breakfast again at Art of Coffee and we hit the road.  The plan was to go to Middleburg, VA.  Drove back roads and enjoyed the "landscape"  We parked in town and within a few moments dark nasty clouds rolled in, we decided to skip lunch and skip wandering around and head home.  That weather chased us back to PA and finally the skies opened up so hard I had to pull over and wait it out.  We arrived safely home with LOTS of photos for me to use.  I am planning to work on some larger paintings in between the sunflowers.

No comments: