Tuesday, August 10, 2021

2021 Landscape #25

 
mini original watercolor $225.


This is from a bike ride in Lancaster County.  
Study that sky, my sky is improving!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Saturday is the BIG Rotary Craft Show in Lititz
8 to 4    ~  FREE
My space is on the square, in front of the entrance to the Sutter's Courtyard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question of the Day:  How did you develop a customer base?
From the very first show Linda kept a tablet out for people to give their name and address then typed into a data base.  She had a computer even back then.  It was a big thing.  I remember she had things stored on these 6" floppy disks!  Wow, we are talking 42 years ago.  Anyway, all sales were recorded.   She can tell you what you bought in 1985, if it was an original, size and price or a print and the print number,  the show you bought it at, and any purchase since then.  At the end of every show she spends a day  or two at her desk typing.  
She sends postcards whenever we do a show close to the client.  I have over 6000 names and most have purchased something.  Since then we include emails but Linda still likes snail mail.  This is one of the areas that I think an artist doing this alone would find it hard to keep up.  Luckily I had Linda to handle it for me.


No comments: