Tuesday, June 1, 2021

2021 Landscape #22

 
 6x4” mini original watercolor     $275.

This was the view from our campground in N. Connellsville, PA

My latest commission was picked up on Saturday.  They loved it!  Now on to the next one!


Question of the Day: What is the hardest part of creating a painting?
I consider my self a realistic painter... here is the definition:

ART TERM: REALISM     In its specific sense realism refers to a mid nineteenth century artistic movement characterizes by subjects painted from everyday life in a naturalistic manner; however the term is also generally used to describe artworks painted in a realistic almost photographic way.


This means my painting look like what I saw.  For me the hardest part of creating is the drawing.  I ONLY draw free hand, using a photo as my guide and occasionally I use a strait edge.  I have a pretty steady hand!  No help from computers, projectors or tracing.  Why?  This is only my opinion, I feel there is a greater connection to the painting when I hand draw.   It is not totally perfect like a traced drawing.  It helps me understand the perspective and gives me time studying it so I also understand the light and dark areas. That drawing is the foundation of the painting.  This stage cannot be rushed, I work on it until it is correct, however long that takes.   Here are four examples of four totally different subjects of finished drawings on my watercolor paper, ready to start painting.






No comments: