Tuesday, April 27, 2021

2021 Landscape #12

 
SOLD!  $145 (unframed)  6x4” original watercolor
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 4/29 the price goes to $250

Question of the Day: How does living in Lititz, Pennsylvania impact your art?   I live in the 2013 Coolest Small Town in America and it has only become cooler!  I live a block from the square and from the park.  We moved here in 1986.  Our set up is perfect, we live and have the studio in the same building so I am not traveling to work.  The down side is the work is always there!  I am not a storefront and the studio is more for me than for clients however if you call and I answer you may stop in!  The location is perfect for traveling, I can get to several major routes easily. So that is the logistics.  As for the impact in my actual painting... Lititz was settled in the 1700's and many buildings are old and have the brick and stone that I am drawn to.  Town is full of subjects for me to paint at the same time as having an upscale vibe.  But it is probably the surrounding area that gives me the most subject matter, with the beautiful Lancaster County farm scenes, Amish country.  I never get tired of them. They provide a constant stream of year round eye candy.  I cannot imagine living anywhere else.

No comments: