Thursday, April 22, 2021

2021 Landscape #10

 

6x4” original watercolor $225

Another farm scene.  We are camping in the Narvon, Pa area and there are so many wonderful farms and views it is an artist paradise!

Question of the Day:  How much time does it take to complete a painting?
For me after 40 years of painting I am not struggling with the water and paint or the composition. So I can paint much faster than someone just starting. These miniature painting a day pieces are meant to be started and finished within a day. They are still taking me 4 to 6 hours from start to finish. My larger paintings depending on the size and how much detail I need to paint still take two days to a few weeks. Commission paintings take a bit longer because I’m trying to please a client and I take more time on them. Painting every brick in a house is going to take longer than painting lines to make siding! I really do not focus on time I focus on understanding when the painting is finished.  There has to be joy in the process, not just finishing a painting.

No comments: