Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Seating...

I am going with a "seating" theme today.  I wanted to show the progress on my latest chair and the only miniature painting I had with a seat was this 2016 bench which I lowered the price so it finds a new home.

2016 Still Life #17   Framed 8x10   $200.00

The price includes acid free framing, a coupon for 2 free shrink wrapped mini prints ($25 value) and I will throw in FREE SHIPPING!
Paintings are available to the first person to email or call 717.627.3383
All are framed in black wood frames however you may have them in walnut frames.

NEXT PAINTING!
Now on to the exciting part...  my new chair.  paper is 17x20  Trying a new sheet of watercolor paper with this one; Windsor Newton Professional 300 lb cold press.
I keep saying this, my process is always the same, no matter the size or the subject. For a realist painter it starts with understanding the subject.  Where are my shadows and light coming from and how are they landing.  Think proportion.   Where is my negative space.   Next is a good drawing.  I spent a full day on this drawing.  For me, I do not rush the drawing.



Starting with washes, thin layers of color.  I don't think there is any one place to start.  I did a wash on the floor and moved onto the chair.



Building the patina on the chair... I can already see in my mind where this is going.
Notice the white of the paper I am saving to create the shadows?  I am working around the saved space.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

No comments: