Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday

I went to the weekend show by myself so Linda could get a few things done around the house.  Huge mistake. She goes through things like a tornado!  Stacy was her weekend helper but... it always creates work for me.  The plan was for her to get the gardens in shape for Porchwalk (September 29-30). I am told the gardens inside the fence are as good as they get for this time of year.  Six of the large  brown yard waste bags full.  Then they cleaned out our shed.  I don't understand why she even went into the shed... So now there is a small pile of junk that I have to take to the dump.  Yes, I understand there is now room to actually walk into the shed but was it necessary to do that now??   And she has a large heavy pile of old tear sheets to go to the paper recycle place.  She also cleaned out her studio closet and had a car load to go to the Ephrata Craft Recycle, a small pile for Goodwill and the Library. She was only home alone for three days!  So you know that my day was spent going to these places making drop offs and not painting.  She will not be left home alone for a while!

I did however finish this painting over the weekend and I think Linda is planning to make make it into a holiday mini print for Open House.
This is a barn from the property of my potter friend Lynne Taylor.  I think it was last winter.  I hate snow but Linda insisted it would make a great painting and I hate when she is right!

No comments: