Thursday, June 15, 2017

2017 France #7


SOLD!
4"x 6"  Original Watercolor - A 
Painting A Day
France #7
$125. unframed   (value framed: $275.)
Available to the 1st person to email
Offer good till 6/17

Saying good bye to the chateau where we spent 5 nights.  The photo I worked from made the shutters look a bit more blue and I got a little carried away before I realized they were actually white.  But it looks great with the fantastic pink roses.  Only you and I know the color is incorrect, so much for being a realist!!

The other thing I need to say is these photos are not doing the paintings justice.  The paintings are even better in person.  I am saying that because I would like to upgrade my iphone with better pixels but Linda is making me wait!!  But I think I could do a better job with a new phone...


Day 7
Time to check out of our little chateau and move on.  We decided on a quick stop to Chateaude Villandry just to see the gardens.  Linda was having a little knee issues and it was so hot so we parked ourselves under a rose arbor with benches and the sweetest smelling beautiful roses.













Off to lunch at L'Etape Gourmande where we had a fantastic farm to table lunch.  It made us a little late for our reservations at the le Carde noir in Samur.   We ran in!  These horses literally danced.  It was worth running.  Now its time to check into our next VRBO.  This time we are staying at a vineyard, 
Châteaudu Petit Thouars.  While the main building is a chateau we were no where close, we stayed in the farmhouse built in the 1920s.  Not nearly as impressive but nice.

No comments: