Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Still Life #15

4"x 6" original watercolor
$200.00 Contact the Studio

There is something about parts of things
that interest me.  I have said this several times
before but it intrigues me.  I know your eye
will finish the still life.  Love the Shaker crocks. 
These were tall ones setting on the floor.

I managed to mow the lawn, visit my Mom
and have my final track practice plus paint!
Tomorrow is the coaches invitational with lots
of teams we did not run against.  Should be fun!!

1 comment:

Kara K. Bigda said...

I know exactly what you mean about "the parts of things." The painting becomes something other than a duplicate of the image . . . It's a fun way to interpret things and focus on the shapes and feelings of objects or places, besides just the literal, visual view. And it can be very challenging to really capture surface textures; that is, to provide enough information to tell the story without giving away too much to the viewer. I am a realist painter as well, and I think it's a way to tap into my (almost non-existent) wild abstract side, without getting too crazy! :)