Monday, February 15, 2010

Night Sky ~ Full Moon

4"x6" Original Watercolor
$225.00 SOLD

Last month, late at night, I was sitting
at my wife's desk and looked out the window
and this was my view. The sky was a
deep blue with no clouds. The moon was
full and bright and casting light on the snow
that was laying on the branches of the tree.
It is a little quirky but an interesting perspective.

I was in Cape May, NJ all weekend. I will say
they were not prepared for the snow they received.
The roads were still pretty bad, and the trolley
was not running. There was still many without
electric. The crowds at the show were non-existent.
I did not even cover my booth fee let alone my
food, motel and gas. But this goes along with
doing shows. I was going to cancel and just lose
my booth fee but decided at the last moment to go.
An artist is ever hopeful and willing to gamble.
I just guessed wrong! I did work on a large painting
and love the way it is turning out. It should be
finished in a few days and will post it.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think this has to be my new favorite, Andy. I so love trees any way, and with that gorgeous moonlit sky? Just totally sublime. Here's hoping that your next show more than makes up for this last one.