Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 Winter Series #6 ~ Icicles

6"x4" Miniature Original Watercolor
SOLD

I simply wanted to try this... icicles.
It was a challenge. I knew what I wanted.
Approaching evening and this wonderful
glow on the icicles hanging from the porch
roof.

We had a care plan meeting for my Mom this
morning. She is doing as well as can be expected.
Spent some time with her. Then back home to
paint. I had this icicle idea in my head and could
hardly wait to get started. In the afternoon I had
a student stop in to look around and then I got
right back to my icicles!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

While I think the icicles are beautiful, Andy, especially with that sunset in the distance, would you believe I am drawn to the intricacies of the eave? I tell you...I can always be found off the beaten path. Another lovely point-of-view!

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Autumn, there is nothing wrong with being off the beaten path. I think thats where the action really lies! So go get lost! Andy

Alex Zonis said...

Hi Andy, I just found your blog, wandered in from a friend's blogroll. I like the icicles - an unusual idea and so well made. I like many of your watercolors!

I am leaning the media myself, your work is an inspiration. I will be be visiting again, and so wanted to say Hello.