Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2009 Holiday Series #3 ~ Snowman ornament on tree

4"x6" Original Watercolor
email the studio for purchase information

I painted a snowman ornament hanging on
our friends Christmas tree. Check out the tree
light glowing on the snowman's belly!

Background story...when Abbey was younger we
hand made ornaments for our tree each year. Linda
came up with a new design and we made it a family
project, often still working on them up to Christmas
day. This snowman was made by making paper
pulp and pressing it into a mold then painting them.
We gave our friends one and they hang it on their tree
every year. We were visiting them on Sunday and I
spotted it on their tree and I thought it would make a
good painting.

I will not be blogging tomorrow, no time to paint...
the plan is to go to Wilmington, DE in the morning
and look for some holiday subjects... I may stop at
Brandywine River Museum for a bit of Wyeth
inspiration. We need to check into the show area
and scout out my space for the weekends show.
The Show:
Held at the Atrium at Brandywine Town Center,
Rt 202 & Naamans Rd,Wilmington, DE.
Free admission I am unable to accept any
discount coupons at this show since it is a fundraiser.
25% of my sales are donated to the New Castle, DE
Habitat for Humanity.
http://www.artattheatrium.com/

No comments: