Monday, November 16, 2009

4 Days till Open House

Time is flying!
All the framing is finished.
The furniture is moved.
The display panels are up.
The originals are hung.
Next...
Behind the scenes of Open House...
So now the fun part, naming and pricing
of the new originals. Over the years there
have been arguments, tears, stomping of
feet, you get the idea. Family and friends
have helped and hindered. So now we tack
a paper to each painting. Linda starts with
the price she thinks it should be based on
other originals, size and time spent painting
it. Then I go through and add my idea, based
on...well, my artistic feeling. Next are title ideas.
At this point anyone walking into the room
may write a suggestion. Tomorrow Linda and
I will take each paper and "talk" about it!
Like rational business person and artist!!
Below is one panel, note the papers...




Personally
they
are
all
artistic
masterpieces,
valued
beyond
my
wildest
imagination!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been reading about your lead up to your Open House. I wish you a lot of success! I have really enjoyed finding out what goes on behind the scenes. I am just working on dates for my very first solo show...i am taking notes!

Shawna