Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Saint Emilion, France #4 ~ Vineyards

6"x4" Original Watercolor
SOLD

Another vineyard. There is a rather
impressionistic style to painting the
vines. Pushing shades of green to give
the idea of leaves. There was this big
old tree in the background that naturally
gave a the impression of depth and
distance. I find the vineyards peaceful
and a joy to paint.

I often have amateur painters ask
me how they can improve. My best advice
is to paint more. There is a huge learning
curve to watercolor. With practice you
begin to understand how to mix and layer
color. My second best advice is to start
with a strong drawing. There is a drawing
under every one of my paintings. It is my
map so I know where I am going.

I am selling these little gems on eBay. You
need an eBay account which is very easy to
set up. Then you can place a bid. For
payment, I offer several choices, you do not
need to use the internet to send a payment.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

No comments: