Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still Life #14

6"x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

This little painting took much longer
to paint than I planned. While it is a
subject I am very familiar with, it still
takes time to build the color and texture.

I was asked a question...
Don't you run out of subjects?
No I don't. Subjects are all around you.
You just need to slow down and look. I
also do a lot of historical sightseeing and
that helps excite me. I keep a camera
with me in case I see something I want to
reference for later. Also subjects look
different at other times of day and season.
Since I am a realist I am interpreting what
I see. My eye tends to see small parts of
a whole scene and I am drawn to light. It is
hard to get bored when I can paint a variety
of subjects and I like to mix them up daily.

No comments: