Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter Series #27

4"x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

This was perfect, the Amish girl was walking
down the snow covered road. Since her back
is to us it was ok for me to paint her. I never
paint them from the front, it is just disrespectful.
Then there is this great farm scene in the
background. Typical Lancaster County.

It was quiet here today. My Moms weekend
caretaker decided to visit her so we did not
go in. It was the first time in 9 days that we
have not sat with her. I wanted to go for a bike
ride but we simply have to much snow, it is not
safe. We had two clients pick up paintings and
I spent the rest of my day painting. Tonight we
went to dinner with old friends and caught up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I admire your watercolors very much. A sight you would normally see in rural Ukraine (where I am from) but in America - very special.

Gwen Bell said...

This is a wonderful painting. I can almost feel the cold!