Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blue Door

4"x 6" original watercolor
$225.00 ~ Contact the studio

I went with something totally different
today. This is a doorway from Georgetown
and I simply liked the play in color. The
blue door against the red brick. There was
this big bush with red berries that added another
dimension. I was standing off to the right
which creates a view that is slightly off center.

My day was packed with everything except
painting time. We had a meeting for Mom
this morning. I painted my blog in the afternoon.
Then to keep life exciting I got a call that I was
excepted into a show for this weekend. I had not
planned on showing so I needed to gather
all my show supplies and pack the van. I also

dashed in to sit with Mom since it was my turn.
The last moment show creates a busy day tomorrow.
We will need to leave early and drive 2 hours to
Frederick MD. Set up the show which will take
3-4 hours. Change into dress clothes and drive
2 1/2 hours to Chadds Ford, PA for the Gallery
opening. Hang out and smile, hopefully see some
people I know and then drive 1 hour back home.
I know you are envying my self-employment
now aren't you!!


The Show: Cabin Fever Festival
held at the Frederick Fairgrounds
in Frederick, MD. Sat. 10-6 and Sun. 10-5

1 comment:

Amardeep said...

Your watercolor paintings are a class apart..
Very realistic.. Enjoyed going through your paintings.. keep them coming.