Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Latch on Door

6" x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

I have always said that subjects to paint can
be found everywhere, we just need to look
around. I was in an antique shop and found
this cabinet. I was simply attracted to the
knob and the latch against the white door.
I painted just part of the "sold" tag for fun.

I taught a class this morning then spent the
afternoon getting prepared for my lecture.
The lecture was at the Lititz Library and my
subject was Painting A Day and blogs. I had
a great time and I hope I was able to inspire other
artists to set goals, even a painting a month!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Parsons said...

very nice painting!
eBeth

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

I wish you could hold this one in your hands to see it, it looks so much better than in the photo. It is so realistic, I was very pleased with how it turned out. Andy