Tuesday, January 19, 2021

2021 Broad Stripes and Bright Stars


SOLD!

6X4" miniature original watercolor - A Painting A Day

$145. (unframed)
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 1/21 the price goes to $275

This flag flies around my corner at the Lititz Firehall.

I keep all things political out of my Blog and Facebook and all social media. I want my social media to be about my Art.  But every now and then I feel a little something needs said... or rather painted.   So on this special day in our democracy, no matter where you stand, no matter your views.  the peaceful transfer of power means something.  So I decided to paint a flag to remind us all to think how privileged we are.


Oh, say can you see by the dawn’s early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?


No comments: