Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Landscapes

Since I wanted to show you the drawing of my latest larger painting I thought I would keep with the theme of landscapes and offer you two of my latest.  These are all paintings that I had ready for my Spring Miniature Show that was cancelled.

Landscape #10   Framed 8x10    $225.



Ireland # 2     Framed 10x8"      $225.

The price includes acid free framing, a coupon for 2 free shrink wrapped mini prints ($25 value) and FREE SHIPPING!
Paintings are available to the first person to email or call 717.627.3383
All are framed in black wood frames however you may have them in walnut frames.
They look fantastic together, if you purchase more than one I will offer $20 off each one or any two previously posted.
________________________________________________

OK, I am excited about this one...  The original photo is from a riding buddy Ron.  He took it early morning.  Linda fell in love with it and insisted I paint it, I was trying to avoid it because I knew how difficult it would be.  From a watercolor painting perspective it is a nightmare!  I took a full day sketching and studying it, taking every area apart in my mind.  It does not look like much but this drawing (on my watercolor paper) took two days.  Remember I hand draw all my work.  I like the connection I get going from my eyes to my hand.   I always stress with my students to really understand what you are painting.  Study the subject.  With this it was almost like building the bridge, understanding how all the posts and beams were connected.  And the perspective...  So after a bit of fussing I am now so excited to get the first layers of under wash laid down!! I am super excited but at the same time, even after 40 years of painting I still question if I can get on paper what I see in my mind.

No comments: