Monday, May 6, 2019

And more on the commission...



This shows my work over the weekend, three full days and nights!   Just for your reference, I did not use anything to save my whites, like in the grass or flowers or the highlights in her hair.  I painted around the parts I planned to save.  Also I do not use white paint, all highlights are the white of the paper showing through!

The grass is finished but I will probably smooth it out near the end.   I am starting off with the under washes to her pants.



Here I smoothed out the upper sidewalk and have gone deeper into the pink pants.  Also started shadows on her shirt.




More to the shirt.


Almost there.  A few more hours to just tie it all together.



1 comment:

Peg Broadwater said...

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing the progression. Beautiful.