Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2017 France #14

SOLD!
4"x 6"  Original Watercolor - A 
Painting A Day
France #14
$125. unframed   (value framed: $250.)
Available to the 1st person to email
Offer good till 6/30

Another gem from the village of Montsoreau.  I just love this shade of French blue.


I was contacted by a German company Hahnemuhle to try their watercolor paper and give them a review.  They sent me a block of 280lb and this is my first attempt.  I think it would do better with wet on wet painters, for my style it accepted the paints differently and made it harder to get the deeper values I like.  Still turned out well, I just had to work a little harder.  They make a broad range of papers and Dick Blick carries some but not watercolor paper.  I will need to write a review for them shortly and will post it on my blog.  It was fun trying something new and being more in tune to what was happening while I painted.

No comments: