Tuesday, February 7, 2017

2017 Island #9

SOLD!
4"x 6"  Original Watercolor - A Painting A Day
Islands #9
$100 unframed   (value framed: $225.)
Available to the 1st person to email 
(PA sales tax, $35 if you want me to frame it, $8 ship)

The sun kissing the ocean...

How I apply to shows continued:    Other things to consider when applying to a show; number of exhibitors,  inside or outside (weather), number of days the show runs (1-4 is normal), hours of the show (some shows run into the evening), when is set up (the morning of the show or the day before (this has bearing on the number of nights in a motel), type of show (crafty or high end art).  Once Linda has set the schedule and applied we wait to see if I am accepted.  I have had my share of rejections!  Next is paying the booth fees.  You purchase your 10x10 plot of land for anywhere  from $100 to $800.  The money all due well in advance of the show!  I already applied and paid for shows in September and October!  You need a good cash flow. I hope you found this interesting and you have a greater understanding when I say "Linda is reading show apps" for the fourth day in a row!  There is so much more to it than meets the eye.

1 comment:

Bill Kassel Fine Art said...

Just trying to get in the show circuit. Lots of work finding the right show. I give Linda a lot of credit doing all that paper work for you so you can create.