Monday, June 6, 2016

2016 Still Life #10

5"x 5"  Original Watercolor ~ A Painting A Day.. SOLD!
Only $125 (unframed) to the first person to email or call!
If unclaimed by 6/8 the price goes to $275

This is a study of four glass bottles.
Glass takes practice even for me!

I have not been able to blog for two weeks!
Recap:  On 5/24  I had an interview with 
Mike Andrelczyk
who will have an article in the Lancaster Sunday paper
on June 26.  I hope he will be kind to me!   It will not be on-line
so I will see if i can copy it to post.
Tuesday, 5/25 Our friend Joan came for a visit  and then we
had a birthday dinner with our friends the Hildebrands.
Happy Birthday John!!
5/26 We packed and got the camper ready for the Mayfair show
which was 4 days looong!
Tuesday, 5/31 Home to mow, do laundry, frame, and repack and
we left  2 days later, 6/2 for Roanoke, VA.  I must confess to a
little fun, we stopped in Lexington, VA and took a carriage tour.
Loved this little town and Linda is planning a fall return.
It had been 28 years since we were in Roanoke so we went to
see the stain glass in St. Andrews.  Organ music was playing
and it reminded us a little bit of Europe.  OK, very little but we
were in an Italy frame of mind because that's where we were
last year in June.  Not quite the same but nice.













Next stop was Black Dog Salvage... which you should
know is DYI Channels Salvage Dawgs show.  I shook
hands with Mike (we are on 1st names!) and patted the
old dog Sally.  This place is stuffed with great finds.
















So our fun was over and it was time to get down to
the reason we drove to Roanoke...we had two days of
showing in the heat and some rain.  It is now Monday
6/6 and we had a 6 hour drive home to a lawn that needs
mowed and more laundry! Even our house-sitter is glad
we are home, she has spent more time in the house than
we have!  So... that's my " why
I have not been able to
blog for two weeks"
story and I'm sticking to it!
 
The next two weeks are a little easier because the next two
shows are one day not too far away; Exton and Allentown.
I did get the OK to start my next large commission, and
I had the reference photos  developed  and my paper cut
to size so I want to get that started this week.  I have
permission to post the progression so you can keep up
with the project.

No comments: