Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2014 Landscape Series #3

4"x 6" Original Watercolor
$200.

I love the fields of Lancaster County.

Here's a story...
An artist friend from 30 years ago now living in TX sent me
a message that his wife is reading a mystery book that
mentions me.   ??   Linda looks up the book and it is
by a well published author from OK.  No one I know or
heard of.  So Linda  has it downloaded to her kindle and sure
enough in the first  chapter it says... "Today she'd spent a
mere four thousand for six watercolors by up-and-coming
Pennsylvania artist  Andy Smith."     How freaky odd is that, I
mean Pennsylvania, watercolor artist and my name. So Linda
sent the author an email and she replied that she simply Googled
artists, saw my work, liked it and used my name.  She said
I may tell the story and she is sending me a signed copy.
Death at the Door by Carolyn Hart.   How is that for a story!


2 comments:

Ray Ludwig said...

Great Story...some of us have lived that chapter, Hope all is well

Ray

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great! She obviously has wonderful taste in art.

Julie Hamilton