Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Winter Series #8

A Painting A Day ~ Winter Series #8
5"x 5" Original Miniature Watercolor
SOLD!

I cannot remember what this building is,
I thought part of Gettysburg College but
cannot confirm that. I know it is in
Gettysburg, PA.   I am sure a client will
tell me and I will let you know!


UPDATE:
It is the Lutheran Theological Seminary (Gettysburg Seminary).
The building is known as the 1832 Old Dorm (now called
Schmucker Hall. In the 1993 movie 'Gettysburg', the cupola
is shown as an observation point used by Brig.Gen.
Buford (Sam Elliott).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran_Theological_Seminary_at_Gettysburg

Thank you to all who sent info!

I plan to do a week of portraits to honor
MLK week starting tomorrow.
I am rather excited about that.
Still drawing my commission... 

1 comment:

Pam Schoessow said...

Beautiful work. Love the composition.