Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I am back from a wet weekend in Rhinebeck, NY.
We did manage a little fun.  On Thursday we took
a tour of CIA, which made Linda dream of taking
classes!  On Monday on the way home we stopped
in New Paltz to tour Huguenot Street.  We realized
we had another connection, when in France, at
Meschers, we visited caves where Hugenots hid before
escaping...  I took a lot of great photos.  I don't know
how Linda finds these places but they always give me
great inspiration.  Back home to paint.  This weekend is
PORCHWALK, I am home for a change and will
be demonstrating.   Porchwalk is held at 6 locations
in Historic Lititz, PA
Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-5
FREE ~ rain or shine (You will need to drive your car)
My studio is stop #6 and I have 6 fantastic craftsman
for you to see!!

Back to my painting Demo...
I am moving to the floor.  Again... starting
with a few warm washes of Yellow Orchre
(A favorite of mine!) Darker in the back and
working them lighter in the front.  Use a mixture
of Raw Umber and  blue with a touch of red
to add the lines.

Next is to go darker and add texture.
A mixture of Burnt Sienna, Perm. Rose and
a drop of India Ink.  Notice the shaping of
wood grain, and I am saving some warm light
spots.

No comments: