Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shaker Still Life #3

6"x 4" Watercolor
SOLD

This little gem was from the herb room at
the Shaker Village. I loved all the dark values
of the wood. The mortar and pestle catch your
eye first because of the strong blue. But as you
take your time studying you notice all the
wood boxes setting on the table. The key is
to not get it all muddy!

Studio Price means the price I will be putting on
the painting if it does not sell on eBay. This price
includes the frame. I thought it would help to
post a value.

Question... Are you seeing a difference in my
photos? I have used my lightbox for the last
3 paintings...

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Andy, I'm not really seeing a difference in your photos, but then I'm not that photo saavy (alas and alack. That said, another delightful crop of a scene here. You did an awesome job of not muddying the dark colors too. That blue is the perfect pop on this piece!