Friday, January 9, 2009

Shaker Basket

6"x 4" original watercolor
SOLD


I will be honest and tell you I simply could
not handle painting a winter scene today.
I hate the cold and just could not make
myself even think about it today!
So I dug back into my shaker material and
went with what would make me happy.
I love the lines the Shakers use.
A simple Shaker basket on top of a simple
Shaker cabinet.
Nice play of shadows on the wall.

I got up at 5am and stuck my head out the
door and decided it was to cold to ride bike
so I went back to bed and slept in till 7:30!
I spent a good part of my day demonstrating
in a Cafe. This is not for the faint of heart.
I did get a lot done on the commission I was
working on. After 2:30 there were a few
errands to run, I renewed my drivers licence,
got my Moms groceries, packages to UPS and
then back home to paint. I worked on this blog
from 5 to 9:30pm. We are expecting a little
snow tomorrow so I may get out for
some
fresh subject material.

No comments: