Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Door #7

5" x 5" original watercolor
SOLD

This is my last holiday painting for the
season! I was intrigued by the various
shades of green. This wreath hung on
the bottom half of the door which is in
need of new paint.

We spent last evening with friends. It is
interesting to see how we all started spending
time together as couples 30 years ago. We
had our kids at the same time and spent many

new year eve's together as families. And now
as we sat there last night Linda commented how
we are back to just the four of us and how fast

the years have gone. That is about as much
reflection as I can handle. 2009 ... A new year.
This begins the 3rd year of my blogging. Even
that seems impossible. I am surprised I am not

tired of it... I have not run out of material although
a greater effort goes into taking time to find new
subjects. I am only a little faster in getting one
painted than when I started although my skill level
has made huge leaps.
I still worry if the paintings
sell or not and I still get excited to see bidding.
So
the plan is to continue. At least until you get tired of
my ramblings. I am always open to your suggestions
and requests and enjoy your comments.

Wishing you all good health and a huge portion
of happiness in this new year.

1 comment:

Candy Barr said...

And a Happy Birthday New Years Baby!

I was reading your website! Nice winter still lifes ...they really capture some of the quiet and what I call the mysteries of winter.