Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Greens #2

6"x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

I used the same still life from yesterdays
painting only extended the scene. I am
naturally drawn to our history and have
a great love for simple antiques. I enjoy
painting them. This is a solid composition;
a bowl of fruit, a pewter pot and the greens.

I had my day planned out. I had it divided
between the blog and my commission. My
creative juices starting to flow, holiday music
playing for encouragement. But all did not follow
my plan. Sometimes being
the one who works
from home is the one who appears free to drop
everything and
change plans, sometimes that is
frustrating. Linda noticed my Mom's toe was
extremely swollen this morning. That meant an
emergency trip to the foot doctor. Taking Mom
out at the height of the snow storm. Bundled up
and deathly afraid of slipping. Imagine the two of
us tottering down the sidewalk... After a bit of
surgery and 3 hours of my day gone I managed to
get back to work. It is a blessing to be able to care
for my Mom but also demanding as only those who
are caregivers understand. It is one thing to take a
few unplanned hours off work and another to interrupt
some flow of creativity and genius... but I manage.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I have been following your blog for a few months and you have given me a few minutes each posting of pure enjoyment. I do a little watercolor also. Thank you.
I really wanted to reply to your paragraph about your Mom. You are a wonderful couple taking care of her. It is overwhelming at time, I know. That is why I take a few moments of pleasure to look at a few blogs. You will be blessed. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and an exciting year of watercolor.