Monday, June 2, 2008

Horse in Pasture

6" x 4" original watercolor $225.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com


I've used a Kentucky horse farm for my
composition. Again, I am working with
contrasts. The background's warm yellow
green grass, flooded with sunlight and the
foregrounds deeper shades of blue green
and shadows. The horse has become part
of the shadows cast by an unseen tree.
I used a clear satin non-yellowing polymer
over this painting.

I am working late tonight, trying to juggle
my commission and a blog. The commission
is coming along nicely, but I still have a lot
more hours of work.
At least two full days/nights.
I am not complaining, I
am the one who waited
until the week its due to start it! I can relax a little
bit, the owner has looked at it several times already
and has approved the figure. That was the hardest
part, getting a likeness correct.

No comments: