Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Petite #5 ~ mountains

3"x 2" original "petite"watercolor
SOLD

I have had fun painting these petites. It
offers a extra amount of variety. Since I
was digging through my photos from the
West, I wanted to try one in petite size.
This scene is between Cody and Yellowstone, WY.
Dark rock on the left and red rock on the right.
Notice the road in the bottom right. If you
have traveled West, you will totally get it.

I had my last morning class today. That was
a super fast four weeks. I worked on my blog
painting and then finished it before I left for track.
Good thing I did, I was at track from 3 to 7:30PM.
We had a scrimmage and my kids did well. Still
pretty cold to be out there.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

I was there last summer!!!! STUNNING!!! And you captured it perfectly.

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Thank you Debbie, I am in total awe of the West. Candy to an Eastern artists eyes. Andy