Monday, March 17, 2008

Petite #4 ~ Basket of yarn

3"x 1 1/2" original "petite"watercolor
SOLD
These "petites" offer me a change of pace.
They are tiny, but have the detail of a large painting.
This one features a basket filled with balls of
yarn; setting on a hardwood floor. I decided to
put a polymer glaze over it and it looks a little
like an oil painting.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to show you how you could shadow-box
frame there wonderful petites. Linda framed these
two for the winning client. It is a 7"x5"black
shadow-box lined with a taupe suede and the
paintings are floating. Not a great photo but you
get the idea. I hope my clients love them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got an early 23 mile bike ride in this morning.
It was a lot colder than I expected. I had a
hard time concentrating on painting today. I
simply did not feel like it. But...I tell my students
to just do it, so I settled into it and painted all day,
Then at 3pm I had track practice. I am swamped
with the number of sprinters I have. We are
scheduled for a scrimmage tomorrow, that means
trying to separate out the cream of the crop after
only one week. Then to switch gears we had dance
class at 7pm. We started the Cha cha. My hips hurt!

No comments: