Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Washington, DC #8

4" x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

You are either going to be totally intrigued by
this painting or it will be to busy for you. I was
intrigued and wanted to see if I could pull it off.
There was a large tree behind me with bright sun
casting these deep dark shadows. I painted the whole
painting with all the detail and then went back over
it placing the shadows. Notice the shadows in the
transom. This is from Georgetown.

My classes started today. The morning class is easy to teach
and I was able to start my blog painting as a demonstration
piece. Tonight's class is totally different. I had 8 students all
working on different levels on different paintings. They kept
me jumping but it is so much fun. It is inspiring to be around
other artists, even beginners. We had great conversation.
I wanted to start my large painting but there was just no time.


No comments: