Friday, November 2, 2007

Shaker House #4

6" x 4" original watercolor $250.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

This sun drenched painting was inspired
from my favorite subject site. I never tire
of painting the New England Shaker Villages.

I needed to create some cash flow so I am showing this
weekend. It would have been easier to stay home
and continue painting but there are bills due! I
painted this morning then at noon stopped to pack
the van. This show features a holiday theme so we
had to dig in the Christmas boxes for tablecloths and
"decorations" to spruce up the booth. You might think
self-employed artists are "free"... but there is always
a boss, and always rules and demands. We just like
to think we are free! So off to Reading, PA. Set up
went smoothly, and the booth looks "holidayish". Next,
we went into Lancaster for 1st Friday. Our new helper
had some jewelry on display and we needed to see her

work. Then it was off to the grocery store to pick up
Moms weekend supplies. Back home by 8pm and
a finished blog by 11. Now I am free!! But to tired

to do anything about my freedom...

The show:
Nov. 3 & 4 The 58th Annual Holiday Craft Show
Held at the Berks Campus of Penn State University
in
Reading, PA Sat. 9-5 Sun. 10-4
This is a Guild show so the quality is top notch!!
There is a coupon at:
http://www.rbcrafts.org/rbg.htm


I am getting orders for the new prints so don't wait to call.
Linda will be in the studio framing all weekend and will take
orders. Any opinions on the new prints?? They will be available
to order on line shortly.

1 comment:

elizalex53 said...

Hi Andy, I was just emailing my e-pal who lives in Maine. Her husband dose watercolors and I sent her a link to your site so she could have a look. Hope things are good with you and Linda. We just got your invitation to the open house. I think you may see us this year. How is Abby? Hope to catch up soon. Love the painting!

Elizabeth Alexander