Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Pink Geranium

6" x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

It is time to choose a painting to print. This happens
every year at this time. It is a large financial investment
so I cannot afford to guess wrong! This image is a
possibility, I will paint it and
see how it feels, I have
several others in mind. But I am starting with this piece.
The final painting will be much larger and have more detail.

I am starting with this mini study. Working out how the light
comes in the window and falls across
the sill. I washed
in a background for now because I did not want to distract
myself from the study of the light. As a viewer your eye
is not sure where to look first, the warm light or the pink flower.
It requires you to spend a little time studying it just like I did.
Feel free to offer input by email!

Also, Linda has been making computer upgrades.
Please change my email address to:
andy@andysmithartist.com

No comments: