Monday, August 27, 2007

Adirondack Chairs

6" x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

I started with a very detailed sketch of the chairs.
They had to be correct before I could lay on color.

My next focus was the sun light across the chairs,
then surrounding the chairs in lush green. I added an
impression of flower beds to give you something to
focus on while you were sitting in my comfortable
chairs! My goal was to create a scene that evokes a
longing in you, a strong desire to sit in my chairs.

This is not a $100 painting! It is a very strong
watercolor so I hope there is some exciting bidding
going on.

Update: As for the past weekend, I wanted sunshine...be careful
what you wish for! On Saturday it was 100 degrees not counting
the heat index and the heat off the macadam. It was to hot for
people to think about buying anything but ice cream! Sunday was cooler.
A mere 95. And just as people started coming out, a huge storm blew in.
After about an hour of being hopeful that it would clear up, they closed
the show at 3PM. So for the second weekend in a row, I packed up a
very wet tent.

No comments: