Monday, August 19, 2024

Mount Gretna break down...

What went up, must come down!

Let me say that watercolors do not like the damp air.  It was rather a rough weekend at Mount Gretna.  It rained Saturday morning, then cleared up but stayed overcast and muggy.  The show was full but much lower crowds than usual.  With forecasted bad storms for Sunday, on Saturday after the show I took half my stock out and rearranged my stand.  And of course...no storms till after the show!   I personally did not do well and this has always been a great show for me.   My people were not out!  It felt a bit more contemporary to me.  We decided to wait to break down till Monday and let all the artist who had a long drive home get out.  We spent an hour last night  packing it all up, taking the panels down and just tarping it all.  Then this morning I humped to all to the van, drove home and unpacked the van!  I got my exercise today!  I am letting the paintings dry out a bit and Tuesday the girls will unpack and see the damage.  I know there are at least 5 prints that are too wavy to fix.

I did not have time to show you but I finished this beautiful painting to take to the show... and it is still available!

I am spending the afternoon working on my commission.  Been a busy day.


No comments: