Monday, April 18, 2011

More work on the chair...

I put a few more hours into my painting.
Adding the washes on the chair and went deeper
into the rug.  Added the floor and started the curtain.
I had a question about the rug...
I started with Paynes Gray on the pattern.  Dried hard
I added a mixture of Cer. Blue and Pthalo Blue over top.
Deeper on the left, lighter as it gets farther away.
Then I added the red around the pattern.


Next is the curtain.  Same formula, start with light washes
drying and adding another wash going deeper, creating the
folds.  More work on the chair.  Letting the white of the
paper help create the shine on the seat.
You can click over the photo to enlarge.























Dinner tonight with friends visiting from Ohio and back to my desk.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am absolutely loving this! Thanks for explaining, Andy. I had a feeling you had to move carefully around that rug pattern.

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to watch the progress of this sweet painting!