Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pottery #13

4"x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

If you studied yesterdays painting you
should be able to see today's painting is
a continuation to the right side of
yesterdays. The edge of the stacked
pottery and the rest of the plate
in the background. I totally enjoyed
myself. This may end up a large project.

I stayed home and painted today while
Linda took a turn in with Mom. Mom is

so used to having us around and seeing her
often in a day that it is difficult to figure out
how to balance the new arrangement. How
often can we visit and still manage a business
and a life. Too often and does she not settle
in to her new routine? Not enough and she
feels like we abandoned her... I see Linda
struggling with this, wanting to do what is
best. Men (me) approach it with a little less
deep thought, I am simply doing what I can...
that and Linda will figure it out and then tell
me when I should be going!! Tomorrow we
take 2 paintings into the Chadds Ford Gallery
for an exhibit. Through A Different Prism:
African American Art. This should be interesting,
my work is far far from ethnic work. Yes, I am
African American but my work is through a
totally different prism! But I do get to hang
along side
the Andrew Wyeth!
Check it out...see if you can tell which one is mine!!
http://awyethgallery.com/african/exhibits.html

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Beautiful colours in these last two Andy. Yes, I think you could easily base a larger work on these and it would look fantastic.