Friday, February 22, 2008

Window View

4" x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

Today was a cold, snowy, icy day so I focused on
something inside to remind me that spring is
just around the corner. I used my studio windowsill
as my model for today's painting. Linda keeps these
tiny bottles with flowers on the windows. This one
held a small pink carnation, one open and one with
a bud. Like me, waiting for some sunshine! I was
a little lazy and did not feel like painting in the
houses that are across the street, so I used artistic
license and put a blind with a tear in it on the top half.
Linda wanted me to tell you we really do not have a
blind, I think her words were; an awful looking torn
blind (must be a woman thing!). Anyway, on the lower
half I painted the reality of the day and season. Outside
my studio is a snow covered slushy road with tire tracks.

We found out today a dear friend was diagnosed with MS.
You are in our thoughts and hearts and I will put you on my
prayer list.

I guess you figured out I did not go to the show tonight.
I did not want to battle icy roads. I will be there the
rest of the weekend. See you in Hockessin, DE in the
morning. Look at yesterdays blog for the show info.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Parsons said...

by adding the shade and not painting the houses- it adds to the yin-yang feel of winter/spring. Very nice!
eBeth

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Thank you! You got it!
That was what I was trying for.
Andy