Monday, November 15, 2021

Week update and commission progress

We just came back from six fantastic days in Williamsburg, VA.  After the drive down we had dinner with Linda's brother.  We do not get to see him too often.  Wednesday we parked at the Jamestown Settlement and rode the tandem on the Virginia Capital Trail.  A paved trail that goes to Richmond!  Follows along route 5.   We did 20 miles to Charles City and stopped for lunch then went 20 miles back.  A total of 40 miles!  We had a second evening visit with Linda's brother. 

Thursday we met our friends at Yorktown.  We had breakfast and ordered a box lunch at Mobjack Bay Coffee, both were very good.  We had a fabulous private hybrid tour of Yorktown and the battlefield.  We wanted a taste of both . This was SO much better than trying to read about the battle.  I highly recommend it.   Contact Mobjack Bay  and ask for J Michael Moore, historian.   This was really the way to go.  Next we went to the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown,    A well done museum and we 
needed more time! 

We met the rest of our group, a total of 8 of us at the house we rented in Hayes VA right on the river with fantastic river views
.

Here is a great photo of my brother, Carl with Linda

The next two days were spent at Colonial Williamsburg.  I never get tired of being here.  We also spent an evening at Busch Gardens Christmas Town.  All the lights and music put us in an early Christmas mood. 

 Now its back home and back to work.  Today I ran my RV to New Holland to have it winterized.  Adair's came to measure for some new flooring in the house and the cottage. 

The rest of my day was spent on my commission...  I did get a little painting time last week.

working on the window frame


Adding color to the pumpkin and bottle and the table.


Adding more detail and going darker...

So close to being finished...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andy,
I enjoy your paintings as well as your blog. I just started my journey in watercolor at the suggestion of my VA rep. I found I like it and have been exploring it for the last six months.
Mainly pen and ink with watercolor landscapes and town scenes.
Hope to read more of your travels and painting.
Good way to enjoy a coffee,
Dave